Friday, September 19, 2008

Toes Take 2

After I saw this picture from Jeri, I shamelessly tried to recreate it. I ran into a few obstacles. First, I actually tried to use a wood floor, but my kitchen has the absolute worst light ever, so it didn't work. Then I tried to get her on the bed grabbing her toes, but she just kept going on her tummy. THEN, I just couldn't get the right angle or light, and she would never look up at my that way, so I was a little too close and the f-stop really wide, so everything was slightly out of focus. Sad. That said, I do LOVE some of the ones I got. Here they are:


Here's my try of the wood floor. She just kept rolling over. Argh. Plus, it was time to give up on that hat. Too small.

Change of venue, change of hat. Still wanted to roll over.

1/100 F1.8 400 50mm

More bum shots. But I like it.
1/160 F1.8 400 50mm

hanging out

flying
she was being cute while I was walking around to the front of her, so I hurried to capture these shots, but I'll have to find a better composition for this pose in the future.
1/160 F1.8 400 50mm

I feel like my pictures always turn out a little darker than I want, so I slowed the shutter speed more than I usually would for this shot. I think it complicates things when I put her in white--like, every day. Hard to find the right exposure. But overall, I think I like this exposure the best. (I fixed some of the others a little.)
1/100 F1.8 400 50mm

1/320 F1.8 400 50mm
What the . . . I should have changed the f-stop a little before going all the way to 320. Perhaps I would have gotten more than her hat in focus.

She just wouldn't look up

New angle
1/250 F1.8 400 50mm

So, yes, focus was a problem in this shoot. In the first ones, I maybe should have gone to 800 ISO so I didn't have to use such a small d.o.f. In the last ones, I should have changed the f-stop before going so high on shutter speed. I want to take these things into account and try this shoot again. I wonder if smoochy will let me.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Oh, you have some good ones here too. I like the last two and the "hanging out" one the most.

Simone has no desire to roll onto her tummy. I can't believe Jane is already a pro at it!

holly b said...

she is so hugaliscious! very tender moments here. I love the grabbing toes ones.