I mostly wanted a picture of Janey in this cute outfit, so I thought I'd practice while I was at it. I've found, I CANNOT get good catchlights in any part of the back of my house--at least, not at the time I'm doing pictures--usually the afternoon. But I thought I'd move on up my f-stop and see how I like those half-profiles, because I'm always getting the one eye in focus shots. I am happy to see that I was able to get more of them in focus than usual, but there are still a large number out of focus. Probably, she's just moving too dang fast. I was shooting at ISO 200. Maybe that's just impossible with Janey-pie. I can go up to 400, use a much faster shutter, and then maybe it will work better. Hard to know at the time, eh?
I'm not going to put all the stats, unless it varies. I pretty much stayed at f5.0 and moved the shutter between 160 and 250. I think I may have used the shade white balance. It was around 2:00.
A funny smile.

Closeyup for those eyes.

So, I like this balance a little better. Not SO out of focus on that back eye.

Here's one that would have been out of focus at a lower f-stop.

She started falling asleep on top of the picnic table.

So I am happy that I was able to get a little better focus on most of these. I guess I just have to keep trying and experimenting. I'd like to get some more creative shots next--not just portraits. I can't wait for our next photography assignment!!
In other news, I was forced to get some prints (5 8X10s 5 5X7s and 10 4X6 for free with my camera by Sept. 30th) and I am not SO happy with the way they actually turn out printed. Totally different than I expected on some of them. Hmmmm . . .
1 comment:
Man she is pretty! What a good little baby and model you have.
Post a Comment