Anywho, here are my tries for green. I can't decide which to choose:
Abstract:
Or literal:
Purple was a challenge, and I got some great shots of my niece in a purple shirt, but none were really focused on the purple. And then I took some of a purple sunset, but again, not QUITE purple enough for me. So I just got this shot:
Then blue. I had some shots of sea and sky that were all blue, but I decided to have a blue focus instead with this one:
SO, now this month's assignment is to make a 2-shot collage of the same situation from different angles. I tried and TRIED to take my beach pictures with this in mind, but I never could quite get what I envisioned. So I took a million pictures and decided to just see what I had and work it out later. So, I spent all morning putting together some pics, and here are my choices:
Janey smiling in the grass. She is cute and all, but I don't know if I love the two together.

It was such a sunny day, I didn't really get any shots of Janey's face on the beach, but I LOVE her expression in the crawling picture, so I just chose a rock examination close up to be its companion.
Here is the landscape pic of the earlier blue picture, then I just found a playing in sand picture. Again, no faces on my Jane.
Here's my brave Jeffy. I guess I should switch the pictures to be chronological, but my eye always lingers on the right picture, and that one has much more visual interest for me. I'm not sure these really have the right balance to go together.
I didn't get too many shots of Ethan, but I do like these two. Again, I'm not sure they really go together, but it was worth a try.
Here's the one I probably like best for a collage. You can barely see Jeffy in the first one, and his back is to us in both pictures, but the two work together better than some of the others.

So now I've got some deciding and some posting to do to be all caught up just in time for the next assignment.
It's been fun to be motivated into picking up my camera again. I should start a photography group here too and be double challenged.
3 comments:
I think I like the collage with Janey where she is sitting on the left, back to us, and then on the right she's digging in the sand with her fingers. I think the different angles of the pictures work together well. You've done a ton of work!
Yeah, I like that one the best too, but I used that very same shot for the blue pic! What to do . . .
One thing your panels of Janey show is that a face is not always needed for a portrait to be successful. They still show her personality, her energy and tell the story. I like both the one Corinne mentioned and the crawling/looking at rock one. Both tell stories and that is what a panel should do.
Post a Comment