
This is the one that looked best to me as a portrait of myself and probably the best composition. Jake chose this one as well. It's probably the most flattering, and it looks the most natural. Down side, my face is in shadow (except my nose!), and my eyes are very dark. Since my eyes are one of my best features and my nose one of the worst, that's just really the wrong way to go. (But I did do some editing to soften that contrast.) My hands were really bright and I poorly (for now) shaded them a little. And last but not least, the picture is not quite in focus. Is this really just a portrait of my hair? So there you go for that one.
Next:
Pros on this one, the lighting is much better. You can actually see my eyes. And it's silly, but I actually like the way my hair is going a little crazy. I don't look quite so tired. (I was tired, so this is the least tired shot--they bags are less visible.) And it is in focus, but still looks soft enough to flatter my skin. Cons are, I wish I were a little lower in the frame, my hand is a little prominent, the top of my nose is cutting the far eye in a weird way. Are those deal-breakers?Anyway, I'm having trouble choosing. Any suggestions? The color ones looked a little weird, so I'm going for BW on this one, but did I do an ok job of converting? The second one had some really bright whites to work with.
The second assignment was a chronological series of something. The only problem I have with that one is choosing 3-5 of either A. Janey walking, B. Janey eating chocolate cake, or C. Janey eating strawberry shortcake. That's about it.
1 comment:
You look lovely in both of these, but I like the first one, too. On a gut level, and sometimes that is most important. I've been struggling with this assignment, too, for most of the same reasons. I'm processing a couple I took today, so I'll put them up soon.
Post a Comment