I grabbed the boys and their friends and made them play on the hammock today, but I only got about 6 shots altogether. However, it was all I needed, because today I was trying to play with texture (the hammock and deck), and also see how a different white balance would change things--per Matt's suggestion.
Here was my first shot--just a test to see how it would look on auto WB:

Then I changed it just to the setting for shade--I tried cloudy too, but it was pretty much the same. Here's what I got:

I think the wood and the hammock make a great background, but it's hard to get the right angle on a shot. If they're in a better mood maybe I'll try again.

If I'd had my way it would have been more of a panorama with 4 little sets of feet having their own personality with just a little hammock above. Still, I like the fun swingy feel that Xavey's feet are giving it while Jeffy pushes. So much friendlier with two.
I wish the boys had given me a little more time to compose a shot. By the time I had the settings I wanted, it was all too late. So I didn't do much, but I do like the warmer shots better--especially to bring out the wood.
No specs today, because it's late and I was only looking at white balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment