Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Christmas Card Mistakes

1. I forgot to comb the boys' hair. I combed Ethan's half-way through, but not Jeffy's.

2. When I was inside, I changed to ISO 1600 so I could get a nice aperture, but I forgot to change the aperture, so only Jane is in focus in my best shot.

3. When I moved outside, I forgot to change ISO, so the first several were blown out.

4. I gave up too soon. I ALMOST got great pictures. ALMOST. Ugh.

5. I'm trying too hard to make them work.

Here are the results so far:

Here's a little collage--the boys are not in focus on the one on the left. Also, NO one knows that the theme of Christmas this year is Toy Story 3, so this little scrappy message is not so making sense.
I took Jane's race from a different shot and put it in here. I don't think it quite works. I couldn't get her head exactly right.

I like these pictures together, because Jane is smiling SO cute in the second one, but Ethan kind of looks like he needs to go potty, and there's this window driving me crazy in both shots. Plus, it looked kind of weird.

So then I put on a message. Now it looks a little too busy.

Then I thought of just having ONE picture, but the way I have to crop it just doesn't leave room for a cute message. I'd have to put it inside a card. And it's not really the CUTEST picture ever, so I'm just not sure.

So that's that. I think maybe I'll put them back in their clothes and try again. I DO like the red brick. It looks very nice. But there's all this nice snow! But Ethan keeps folding his arms because he's cold and ruins the shot, and Jeffy squints. Only my munchkin is cute. Hmph.

I'll probably try one more time and then I'll just use one of these if I have to.

OK, I've tried again. I got exactly ONE usable picture, but I think it's pretty good. Here are some card ideas:



Those are my card ideas. I will probably use one of these, but I don't know which!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Super cute! I like the sideways one the best. Love the colors.

Kellie said...

I think the try-again shot in the snow works really well. It shows their relationship and personalities the best. It looks real but sweet. Nice Job. I just did a family shoot and the mom emailed me and asked if I could do a face swap on this one shot-she was curious if that was even possible. Ha-the shot she liked already had two new faces. Sometimes it's the only way to go for really little kids. It was a funny moment. Long live the composite.

Amber said...

I like the snow ones they are cute. I love the outfits!

Jeffy said...

i like our christmas cards snow is awesome!