Friday, July 25, 2008

Today's Pictures

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Please don't feel obligated to answer the questions I put on here. I mostly ask them to myself so as to make myself answer them sometime. But I DO appreciate help from you all!

So, I made myself go out and practice for 5 minutes today. Further trials involving shutter speed and aperature. Finding the right balance is getting easier. I took much fewer pictures today to get the same results.

Just a simple picture of the house, but it was harder to get than it seems. It is hard to find good composition for a townhouse.
18 mm 1/200 F3.5 200

Good composition:
55 mm 1/200 5.6 200

Bad composition:
55 mm 1/125 F5.6 200

Jeffy was moving a lot but I was able to get a couple pictures nonetheless. I'd like a little more contrast in the light for shots like this. Zoom out, move in to get more light. Plus, work on that composition! I could always crop it, but I need to stop putting so much space above his head like that.
34 mm 1/125 F4.5 400

Too bad the background was my legs and his bum. These feet are pretty cool!
18mm 1/125 F3.5 400

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Love the photo of your home!